With Valentine's Day just around the corner, love is in the air and people are breathing it in deeply. Get struck by Cupid's bow and spend some time with your sweetheart at one of the following places.
Most Romantic Restaurant/Place
1. For a taste of France minus the passport and airfare, try the prix fixe five-course menu for $55 per person. With choices like wild Alaskan salmon and apricot crême brulée with apricot brandy and fresh berries, it's a meal that won't soon be forgotten. 6440 Fair Oaks Blvd., Carmichael. Web site
2. Calling all love birds with an appetite: Make your reservation for this Saturday night at 5 or 7:30 p.m. and get ready for a sumptuous meal, including choice of entrée, shrimp cocktail, soup, salad and dessert for two. 7739 Fair Oaks Blvd., Carmichael. Web site
3. When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore! Dean Martin had it right and so will you when you look into each other's eyes over chicken piccata and a glass of chianti—mangia, mangia! 6346 Fair Oaks Blvd., Carmichael. Web site
4. Slocum House Make reservations ASAP for the 14th and enjoy a special Valentine's Day four-course meal, including a chef-selected amuse-bouche (bite-sized hors d'oeuvre) and dessert for $99.95 per person. 7992 California Ave., Fair Oaks.
5. La Bohème This award-winning restaurant provides the perfect backdrop for dinner à deux with your special someone. Top off your gastronomic adventure with Soufflé au Grand Marnier for Two—magnifique! 9634 Fair Oaks Blvd., Fair Oaks.