Is it fair to assume Fair Oaks has a small contingent of meatball sandwich lovers? Maybe. Maybe not. Is it more accurate to assume people just love a free lunch. Perhaps we're getting closer. Perhaps it's neither. Maybe it's more fair to assume people just like fun contests.
Whatever the case, many Fair Oaks Patch readers left their guess in this week's Guess the Price contest and one lucky commenter guessed the meatball sandwich's price precisely.
And the lucky commenter is...
The sandwich comes from . The reader's guess was $8.57, which when one adds the sandwich's cost of $7.95 plus the 7.75 percent Fair Oaks sales tax, comes out to an exact correct answer.
Congratulations, MRossetti! To collect your prize, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guess the total cost of this meatball sandwich roll, after tax, and Fair Oak Patch will buy it for you (in the form of a gift card). We won't tell you where it was bought, but it wasn't long after this picture was taken that it was devoured. Someone may have considered ordering a second. Just saying.
All guesses must be made in the comments section of the article. The contest will last through the weekend, and then we’ll award the prize to the first person to guess closest to the actual price. You must comment on the article, not the Facebook post.
Share this story with friends so they can have a shot at it as well. Maybe they'll toss half of it your way.
And now for the fine print:
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- To enter, leave your guess in the story's comment section. Only comments on this story, not Facebook or Twitter, are valid entries.
- You may enter only once per contest.
- The first person to answer correctly will win on Monday, July 16 by 6 p.m.
- One grand prize winner will receive lunch on Patch, not to exceed the price of $15.00.
For more chances to win free food: