In the end, there was only one reader to close enough to claim the right to be called winner. And that reader is:
Congratulations, Yvie. Your guess was but two cents over the actual price of the panini, $8.57. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize.
The has been an institution in the Village for a long time, even if it's been operated by a number of different owners.
The deli is now back under operation by the property owners Munir Massoud and his son Tony, with a few added improvements to complement the Fair Oaks aesthetic.
Indeed, the the decor inside Fair Oaks Coffee House exudes its community, with original one-of-a-kind artwork from Fair Oaks local artist Hugh Gorman, chickens a-plenty, and did we mention the food?
This particular panino (the singular form of panini - we learned something today!), comes brimming with smoked turkey, tomatoes, red onions, choice of cheese and a healthy heaping of guacamolé. Think you know how much one costs?
As always, the rules are simple: Be the first to guess the price of this sandwich including tax or be the closest to it when time runs out. The winner will receive a gift card in the same amount so you an enjoy your own turkey panini. If no one guesses correctly by 5:00 p.m. Monday, we'll award the prize to whoever guessed closest.
And now for the fine print:
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- To enter, leave your guess in the story's comment section. Only comments on this story, not Facebook or Twitter, are valid entries.
- You may enter only once per contest.
- The first person to answer correctly will win on Monday, March 19 by 6 p.m.
- One grand prize winner will receive lunch on Patch, not to exceed the price of $10.00.
Ready, Set, GO!