And so it was on Monday evening, once the guessing would stop, that no reader would have an exact correct guess for the price of one "Fair Oaks" roll from Taka's Sushi.
Alas, it was , who, with the guess of $12.93, be the closest to the roll's actual $12.87 price - a mere six cents from the exact answer.
Congratulations to Rebekah! E-mail email@example.com to claim your prize and revel in the sushi goodness.
Fair Oaks is no stranger to good sushi. On this day a hungry editor found his way into for a quick bite to eat.
Taka Watanabe opened his Fair Oaks sushi restaurant in 2001. He started making sushi about 20 years ago when he opened his first restaurant in Midtown.
When I stopped by I ordered one aptly named roll, which included spicy tuna, cucumber, fresh water eel, crab leg and tobiko.
Can you guess which one it was? How much do you think it cost?
As always, the rules are simple: Be the first to guess the price of this sandwich including tax or be the closest to it when time runs out. The winner will receive a gift card in the same amount so you can enjoy your own meal. If no one guesses correctly by 5:00 p.m. Monday, we'll award the prize to whoever guessed closest.
And now for the fine print:
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- To enter, leave your guess in the story's comment section. Only comments on this story, not Facebook or Twitter, are valid entries.
- You may enter only once per contest.
- The first person to answer correctly will win on Monday, March 26 by 6 p.m.
- One grand prize winner will receive lunch on Patch, not to exceed the price of $15.00.