I think I've found a new favorite sandwich, no offense, Rim's Deli; I'll be back soon enough.
To me, what makes a sandwich great is its simplicity: bread, meat, bread. That's all I need. I am man; this is how I eat most meals.
Case in point — the above sandwich. As seen in this picture, it's pretty basic. Bread, meat, bread. Simple! Right? Well, there's one catch: au jus. It's a simple addition, but it makes all the difference, in my most humble opinion. Add a simple little salad (I gotta get my ruffage) and you have a nice little lunch.
By now, most may know how this works, but I'll reiterate: I won't divulge the location nor the name of this sandwich (though I'm sure it's fairly self-explanatory), that's up to you.
- Follow Fair Oaks-Carmichael Patch on Twitter
- Like Fair Oaks-Carmichael Patch on Facebook
- Sign up for the daily email with links to the latest news.
Do you think you know the answer? Guesses only count in the story's main comment section, so don't post them on Twitter or Facebook.
The rules are simple: Be the first to guess where this sandwich was prepared and its price including tax and you win.
Those who correctly guess the menu item's location but not the correct price can still be winners. The closest to the price, including the correct restaurant can win if and when time runs out. The winner will receive a gift card in the same amount so you can enjoy your own meal. If no one guesses correctly by 6:00 p.m. Monday, we'll award the prize to whoever guessed closest.
And now for the fine print:
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- To enter, leave your guess in the story's comment section. Only comments on this story, not Facebook or Twitter, are valid entries.
- You may enter only once per contest.
- The first person to answer correctly will win on Monday, Sept. 24 by 6 p.m.
- One grand prize winner will receive lunch on Patch, not to exceed the price of $20.00.