Four-leaf clovers, Lucky Charms, leprechauns, wearing green and Guinness beer all come to mind on this festive St. Patrick's Day.
Start your morning off in the shower with some Irish Spring—'tis a fine fresh scent (who still remembers those hilarious commercials from the '70s? For those of you born in the '80s and beyond, go to youtube.com and have a laugh).
We Carmichalites like to party, so there's no shortage of options when it comes to deciding where to go to throw back the green beer and chow down on corned beef and cabbage. Don't forget to wear green so you won't get pinched! Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone and may you find a pot of gold at the end of your rainbow.
Best Places to Celebrate St. Patrick's Day in and near Carmichael
1. For those who don't drink or are still in elementary school, head on over to the Golden Arches at 7329 Fair Oaks Blvd. for none other than a Shamrock Shake. Get a small for around $2.40 and enjoy the minty flavor of this annual treat without a hangover the next day. Who knows? Grimace may show up for old times' sake with the Hamburgler in tow.
2. Don't miss this fun-filled day-to-night party of drink specials, traditional corned beef and cabbage, Irish toasts and quotes, and so much more. The festivities begin at 10 a.m. and rage on until 2 a.m. for you night owls. Gather up a circle of friends, call a cab and pay tribute to all things Irish—River Dancing and Gabriel Byrne, we salute you!
3. Fox & Goose Public House This downtown Sacramento staple at 1001 R Street is ready to help you ring in all things green with lamb stew, banger rolls and more. Wash down all the Irish fare with some Guinness or Harp, then move to the music of Irish-Celtic rock band Griffin. If you prefer something stronger, their Irish whiskey and Car Bombs will put a few hairs on your chest. Start time is 8 p.m. and a $2 cover gets you in the door.
4. Arden Hills Resort Club & Spa Looking for a more fancy St. Patty's Day bash? Don your emeralds and treat yourself to corned beef and cabbage with red potatoes in an upscale atmosphere, along with drink specials and beers in Mangos Lounge. The evening begins at 6 p.m. Reserve your space as soon as possible, as seating is limited. At only $35 per person, it'll make your Irish eyes smile and inspire a jig or two in you!
5. Gallagher's Irish Pub If you can't get enough of Irish music, this is the place to be at 1201 K St. in downtown Sactown. Come out and hear the music and singing of Wil O'Mylar and Ken Burnett. Things get started at 4 p.m. and an early arrival is recommended to claim a seat at what's sure to end up being a standing-room only affair. Must be 21 to attend.
Here are other events in Carmichael:
: $7.95 Corned beef and cabbage, $4 shots of Jameson Irish Whiskey and Fireball, $5 Irish Car Bombs. 11 a.m. to close.
: Corned beef and cabbage 1 p.m. to close.
: $15.95 meal with corned beef and cabbage, red potatoes and Irish soda bread, $5.95 desserts including marble mousse cake.
Clubhouse Bar and Grill: $7.95 all you can eat buffet with corned beef and cabbage; drink specials on Guinness, Jameson and Bushmills Irish whiskey; The Pikeys band at 6 p.m.
And if you wish to go to Midtown Sacramento, there's the big party hosted by de Vere's Irish Pub at their pub location and in Cesar Chavez Park.