The tennis court was on the northwest corner of Bridge and Temescal, and now is the foundation for the Freemont Building.
The Fair Oaks Tennis Club was formed in about 1928 by the then elementary school teacher/principal Ted Robles and his friends. They installed the fences and lights, and the club remained "around for many years and then disbanded." Several old timers remember using the court into the 1950's but it gradually deteriorated and in the 70's was mainly used for a basketball court. A local resident took a series of photos about 1980 when the property was slated for development, and fortunately one of them shows the last of the old tennis court (from Bridge Street looking north).
The home courts of the Fair Oaks Raquet Club are Miller Park. But, much earlier there was another Fair Oaks Tennis Club. This photo shows some members getting a workout at their court in about 1938. Anyone guess (or know) where this tennis court was?
For more on the history of Fair Oaks, . For even more, check out the Fair Oaks: Then & Now topic page.