.

Attic Fire Displaces Residents on Marconi Avenue

Early morning fire extinguished at Marconi Clark Apartments complex.

An attic fire at an apartment complex on Marconi Avenue early Sunday morning displaced eight residents, a Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District official reported.

Shortly after 2 a.m., a Sac. Metro Fire crew responded to apartment No. 210 in the at 5700 Marconi Ave. Firefighters discovered a fire in the attic space of a two-story unit, Asst. Chief Walt White said.

They evacuated residents in the eight units and extinguished the fire, White said. Four engines, two truck companies, a battalion chief and an ambulance crew were on the scene.

Two residents were treated for minor smoke inhalation and released at the scene, White said.

Damage to the structure is estimated at $10,000.

Red Cross provided temporary housing and assistance to four occupants, White said.

Sac Metro Fire officials advise you to ensure that you have an operational smoke detector and don't hesitate to call 911 to have firefighters inspect any perceived extinguished fire in a concealed space like an attic where fire can smolder undetected.

Additionally, they recommend a licensed electrician ensure that your electrical wiring meets fire safe code requirements.

---

For all our latest fire coverage, please see our Fire Watch topic page at Fairoaks-Carmichael.patch.com/topics/Fire-Watch.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »