A kitchen fire has closed the fast food restaurant on Fair Oaks Boulevard in Carmichael.
Firefighters with the Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District were called out to the restaurant at 7329 Fair Oaks Blvd. at about 10:35 a.m. to a grease fire behind the grill inside the kitchen, said Fire Capt. Colin Swarthout.
The restaurant remains closed as Sacramento County health officials and McDonald's managers need to inspect the kitchen to ensure proper food preparation can resume before the restaurant reopens, Swarthout said.
No injuries were reported.
Check back with Fair Oaks-Carmichael Patch for more information as it becomes available.