.

Outside Fire Extends Into Carmichael Attic

The blaze was the second such fire in Sacramento County in less than 24 hours.

A non-injury fire in Carmichael Monday was the second blaze in Sacramento in 24 hours to start outside and extend to a household attic, officials said.

Shortly after 2 p.m., an electrical fire began in the rear of a house in the 1200 block of Gary Way and a neighbor called emergency dispatchers, said Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District spokesperson Michell Eidam.

Minutes later, fire crews arrived to find fire on the outside of a house that had already extended into the eaves, the attic and onto the roof.

Crews kept the fire from spreading further, while other crews ventilated the home, extinguished the attic and roof fires, and searched for victims, Eidam said.

The loss was estimated at $1,000, as most of the belongings were saved.

An outdoor fire in Citrus Heights, reported about 11:15 p.m. Sunday, also began outside and spread to the attic.

In that case, a pug dog pet alerted residents to the blaze before the smoke alarms went off.

That fire was caused by smoldering cigarette butts in a planter, officials said.

 

 

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something